Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I was clearing out all the supermarket recipe leaflets and cards and all the cut out recipes that kept piling up in my kitchen. I thought I'd post the ones that I liked the look and sound of here, to share and for future reference. This way you might find something you like and my kitchen gets decluttered! If you try it before me let me know what you think. This one is from the monthly Asda magazine. It's cheap to make and sounds delicious, I think. The weight of the pumpkin refers to it peeled and deseeded.
- In a large heavy based soup pot, heat the oil and fry the onions till soft over a low-medium heat.
- Stir in the spices and fry for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin, potato, lentils and stock.
- Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for half an hour. Stirr occasionally.
- Puree the soup using a handheld blender or food processor.
- Re-heat if necessary and serve garnished with croutons and chopped parsley or cilantro.