Prep 1 hr
Cook 5 mins
A spanish dish that is absolutely delicious.
Make and share this Pumpkin and Goat Cheese Croquettes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 small butternut pumpkin, cut in 1/2 and seeds remioved (about 900g)
- 1 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 100 g soft fresh goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped sage
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- plain flour, for dusting
- 2 eggs, beaten
- dried breadcrumbs, for coating
- oil, for deep frying
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Place pumpkin on a baking tray and cook for 45 mins or until tender.
- Remove from the oven and cool.
- Discard the pumkin skin and chop the flesh.
- Place the flesh in a food processor, add the nutmeg and pulse to a puree.
- Season to taste. If mixture is too wet, strain to remove any exess water.
- Combine the goat cheese, sage, and vinegar in a bowl and season to taste.
- Roll the mixture into balls the size of small marbles.
- Coat the cheese balls with the pumpkin puree mixture.
- Roll the croquettes in the flour, then dip in the beaten egg and coat completely with breadcrumbs.
- In a large frying pan or wok, heat enough oil to deep fry until hot but not smoking.
- Cook the croquettes in batches until golden (about 3 mins).
- Drain on paper towels and serve warm.