Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 2 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- salt, a pinch
- 1 lightly beaten egg
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin puree
- 3⁄4 cup nonfat milk
- 1⁄3 cup sunflower oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped candied ginger
- 4 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°; grease 12 muffin cup pan.
- In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, beat the egg, pumpkin, milk, and oil with an electric mixer until well combined.
- Add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture, mixing until nearly combined; fold in the candied ginger, but do not overmix.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan; sprinkle each muffin with a few pumpkin seeds.
- Bake for 20 minutes; remove pan from oven, cool for 5 minutes.
- Then remove muffins from pan and cool on a rack.