Recipe by JustJanS
I think feta and pumpkin are meant to go together-the salty and sweet flavours work so well.
- 4 cups pumpkin, peeled diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 200 g feta, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup extra olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh sage
- 1 long french breadstick
- cooking spray
- 100 g walnuts, toasted, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- extra fresh sage leaf (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss pumpkin in 2 tablespoons olive oil. Place in a large baking dish lined with baking paper and bake at 200c for 25 minutes or until tender.
- Combine feta, oil and sage in a small bowl.
- Trim and discard ends from breadsticks. Cut breadsticks into ½ inch slices. Spray both sides with cooking oil and place on a baking sheet.
- Cook under a hot grill (broiler), turning half way through cooking, until lightly browned all over.
- Transfer cooked pumpkin mix to a large bowl, add the walnuts and salt and pepper; crush mix lightly with a fork.
- Spread feta mixture on toasts, top with pumpkin mixture and garnish with a sage leaf.