Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have tried all these soups and they are good, they all freeze well.
- 500 g pumpkin, peeled and diced
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 lemon, rind of, grated
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups water
- 1 (400 g) can coconut cream
- salt & pepper
- Place all ingredients except coconut cream in a large saucepan and simmer until pumpkin is tender, about 30 minutes.
- Puree mixture and return to the saucepan.
- Stir in coconut milk and reheat. Season to taste. Maybe frozen
A clove of garlic and the juice of 1/2 a lime is exactly what this soup needed. Still - it is an excellent base soup, and the seasonings can vary. I used garam masala, as I had no chili powder on hand....may even risk a little cinnamon next time.
Good soup - added a clove of garlic and I think Lime Juice would be better if you had some to hand.