Prep 10 mins
Cook 28 mins
Pumpkin and Cheese Pasta Bake
- 300 g pasta
- 500 g pumpkin
- 250 ml milk
- 200 g soft cheese
- 75 g cheese
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 bell peppers
- 160 g spinach
- 2 tablespoons basil
- Preheat the oven to 190C/170C fan/Gas 5. Boil the pasta for 2 minutes less than stated on pack instructions.
- Meanwhile, simmer the pumpkin in a large pan of water for 8-10 minutes until tender. Drain.
- Whisk together the milk and soft cheese and heat in a pan. Stir in half the Cheddar.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the peppers for 5 minutes, until softened. Stir in the spinach until it wilts.
- Mix together the pasta, pumpkin, cheese mixture, peppers and spinach, then transfer to an ovenproof dish.
- Top with the remaining cheese and cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Sprinkle with chopped basil to serve.