Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
I found this recipe in the Australian Good Taste magazine. It is a light salad that is slightly sweet with the cumin coated pumpkin. It goes really well with "Lemon Grass Prawn (Shrimp) Skewers With Mango Mayonnaise".
- 500 g butternut pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1 1⁄2 cups couscous
- 1 cup cashew nuts, salted, roasted
- 1 cup dates, pitted, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup fresh coriander, loosely packed chopped
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 180°C Place the pumpkin in a roasting pan and drizzle with half the oil. Sprinkle with cumin seeds and season with salt and pepper. Roast in oven, turning occasionally, for 30 minutes or until golden brown and tender. Set aside to cool.
- Combine the stock and remaining oil in a medium saucepan and bring to the boil over high heat. Remove from heat. Add the couscous while gently stirring with a fork. Cover the saucepan with a lid and set aside for 5 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed. Use a fork to separate the grains. Transfer the couscous to a large bowl.
- Add the pumpkin, cashews, dates, coriander and lemon juice to the couscous and gently toss until well combined. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately with the Lemon grass prawn (shrimp) skewers with mango mayonnaise.