I found this recipe in the Australian Good Taste magazine. It is a light salad that is slightly sweet with the cumin coated pumpkin. It goes really well with "Lemon Grass Prawn (Shrimp) Skewers With Mango Mayonnaise".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C Place the pumpkin in a roasting pan and drizzle with half the oil. Sprinkle with cumin seeds and season with salt and pepper. Roast in oven, turning occasionally, for 30 minutes or until golden brown and tender. Set aside to cool.
- 2Combine the stock and remaining oil in a medium saucepan and bring to the boil over high heat. Remove from heat. Add the couscous while gently stirring with a fork. Cover the saucepan with a lid and set aside for 5 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed. Use a fork to separate the grains. Transfer the couscous to a large bowl.
- 3Add the pumpkin, cashews, dates, coriander and lemon juice to the couscous and gently toss until well combined. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- 4Serve immediately with the Lemon grass prawn (shrimp) skewers with mango mayonnaise.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin and Cashew Couscous Salad
Serving Size: 1 (189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 361.5
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 1.3 mg
- Sodium 182.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 17.2 g
- Protein 9.2 g