Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A thick, easy and flavourful winter soup.
Make and share this Pumpkin and Carrot Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Fill a pot with water and place on high heat (OPTIONAL: add a chicken stock cube to the water).
- Once water is boiling, reduce heat and add all of the chopped vegetables.
- Cook vegetables until tender.
- Using a slotted spoon, move cooked vegetables from pot into a blender with 20ml of the cooking liquid.
- Blend the vegetables and continue to add water until the soup reaches the desired consistency.
- Serve with salt, pepper, nutmeg and a dollop of creme fraiche.
With some modifications I made this soup 5 stars. Maybe if organic carrots and organic pumpkin are used which are very sweet on their own there would be no need to add some brown sugar but I felt it needed it and added some after adding sea salt to taste, freshly ground black pepper & allspice in place of nutmeg to be intoxicant free. I used a sweet pumpkin, probably extra cooking onion, plus the rest of the ingredients. I did not top with creme fraiche but added a chunk of sweet butter (unsalted) to melt into the soup before serving which added extra tastiness to make it to 5 stars. Made for Bargain Basement October 2011.