Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 min
A taste sensation with the tang of fresh ginger and the fiber rich pumpkin and carrot to make it a very healthy loaf to have for a dessert or just a snack.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup carrot (grated)
- 1 cup pumpkin (pureed)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 ( 175 C) degrees fahrenheit
- Lightly grease a 9" by 5" by 3" loaf pan and set aside
- In a medium size mixing bowl stir together flour, B. Powder, B. Soda, spice and salt until well mixed and smooth.
- Pour Canola oil into a large mixing bowl and add sugar stirring until oil has completely dissolved into the sugar and no lumps remain.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth and glossy.
- Slowly add flour to the mixture and beat until flour is totally incorporated
- Fold in the carrots, pumpkin and ginger and mix well
- Pour batter into loaf pan and set in preheated oven for 1 hour or until cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean
- Remove from oven and put on rack to cool for 10 minutes
- Gently slide a butter knife around the edges to loosen it from the loaf pan and then tap it on its side and place on wire rack to cool completely
- When cooled put glaze on with a spoon over the top of loaf.
This made a great quick bread! I made without the glaze (ran out of time). I am sure it would be even better with it, but was sweet enough without. I did use half applesauce for the oil and used white whole wheat flour since that is what I had on hand. Oh, and added some walnuts, too. Sorry for the changes, but don't think it altered the taste much!