Recipe by Pink Penguin
Something a little different
Top Review by kelly.crout
I made this recipe a couple of weeks ago when I was experimenting with fresh pumpkin. I was not sure how it would be with chunks of pumpkin but I have to say it was amazing! It was bursting with flavor and the flavors went well. I did use coconut milk in place of milk and I think I may have added some fresh ground ginger and some cilantro on top with cheddar.
- 1 small pumpkin
- 12 ounces broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 1 pint vegetable stock
- 200 ml milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the top off the pumpkin.Set aside.
- Remove the seeds and stringy inside from the pumpkin. Set aside.
- Scoop out as much flesh as possible without damaging the shell and roughly chop it.
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan and saute the onions for 1-2 mins, till soft.
- Stir in the garlic, thyme and pumpkin flesh. Season.
- Pour over the stock and bring to the boil. Cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in the broccoli and cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Blend the mixture, add the milk and heat through.
- Servein the reserved pumpkin shell.