The flavour for this recipe very much depends on what pumpkin and cheese you use. Otherwise, it is a subtle dish. This quantity makes 2 large servings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 300 g pumpkin, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 300 g arborio rice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 2/3 cup dry white wine (or 166ml)
- 550 ml vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoons butter, extra
- 50 g blue cheese
- 20 g walnuts, chopped
- 1Pre-heat oven to 200 deg Celsius. When hot put pumpkin on a lined tray, coat with spray oil and place in oven to roast.
- 2Put stock into a jug and microwave on high for 4-5 minutes, until hot. (Keep stock hot by zapping as required.).
- 3In a medium pan place butter and oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, unit soft and translucent. Add garlic and cook for a further minute.
- 4Add rice and cook, stirring for 2 minutes and rice is thoroughly coated in butter/oil.
- 5Add rosemary and wine and stir continuously until wine is absorbed.
- 6Add hot stock, stirring continuously, in 2/3 cup quantities. Ensure stock has been absorbed before adding the next lot of stock.
- 7*Keep and eye on the pumpkin and when it has been cooking for about 25-30 minutes remove from oven*
- 8When you add your last quantity of stock, also add 1/2 of the roasted pumpkin.
- 9When all the liquid has been absorbed and rice is creamy, but still has a little 'bite' in it, remove pan from heat. Add the remaining pumpkin.
- 10Stir in the butter then add 30g of the blue cheese. Stir. Season to taste.
- 11Serve immediately topped with the last 20g of cheese, crumbled, and the walnuts.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin and Blue Cheese Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (496 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1026.0
- Calories from Fat 340
- Total Fat 37.8 g
- Saturated Fat 13.5 g
- Cholesterol 43.9 mg
- Sodium 423.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 139.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 18.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: