1/2 Photos of Pumpkin and Black Bean Soup
Shannon Holmes's Note:
This is Rachael Ray's recipe and it is fabu, everyone that has tried it loves it. I have changed the original recipe and I will make notations in ()
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (1 turn of the pan)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 cups canned vegetable stock, found on soup aisle (I use Vegan Chicken Broth here)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice (I use an 8 ounce can tomato sauce here)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pumpkin puree (found often on the baking aisle)
- 1 cup corn (frozen or canned, drain and rinse if canned)
- 1 cup heavy cream (I use Unsweetened Silk)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (eyeball it in the palm of your hand)
- coarse salt
- 20 sprigs fresh chives, for garnish (chopped or snipped)
- 1Heat a soup pot over medium heat.
- 2Add oil.
- 3When oil is hot, add onion.
- 4Saute onions 5 minutes.
- 5Add broth, tomatoes or tomato sauce, black beans, pumpkin puree and corn.
- 6Stir to combine ingredients and bring soup to a boil.
- 7Reduce heat to medium low and stir in cream, curry, cumin, cayenne and salt, to taste.
- 8Simmer 5 minutes, adjust seasonings and serve garnished with chopped chives.
- 9For Vegan option use Soy Cream.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin and Black Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (354 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 495.0
- Calories from Fat 274
- Total Fat 30.5 g
- Saturated Fat 15.0 g
- Cholesterol 81.5 mg
- Sodium 176.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.8 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 12.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: