Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A recipe from the "Weigh Less Naturally" cookbook. My family loved this so much it has become a winter family staple.
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 400 g pumpkin, diced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 500 ml boiling water
- 2 teaspoons beef stock powder
- 400 g borlotti beans (tinned)
- 80 g bacon, diced and cooked
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon light sour cream
- Sauté the onion, garlic and pumpkin in the oil for a few minutes.
- Add the rice and stir until it is covered in the oil.
- Add the boiling water and stock a little at a time stirring until absorbed by rice. Use all the water and stock until the rice is tender. (You may need extra water).
- Add the beans and bacon and heat through.
- Stir through the cheese and sour cream and serve.