Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
pumpkin and bacon 2 things my family will all eat :)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 kg pumpkin, peeled, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 3 cups cooked pasta
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 2 slices rindless bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 30 g butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons thyme leaves (plus extra, to serve)
- Preheat oven to hot, 200°C Lightly grease a 1.5-litre baking dish.
- Heat oil in a medium frying pan on high. Saute onion and garlic 2-3 minutes,
- until tender.
- Add pumpkin. Saute 4-5 minutes, until lightly golden. Pour in stock and bring to boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer 4-5 minutes, until pumpkin is almost tender.
- Transfer pumpkin mixture to a large bowl and roughly mash. Add pasta, eggs and half breadcrumbs. Season to taste. Spoon into dish.
- Sprinkle with combined remaining breadcrumbs, bacon, parmesan, butter and thyme. Bake 20-25 minutes, until golden. Sprinkle with extra thyme to serve.