pumpkin and bacon 2 things my family will all eat :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 kg pumpkin, peeled, chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 3 cups cooked pasta
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 2 slices rindless bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 30 g butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons thyme leaves (plus extra, to serve)
- 1Preheat oven to hot, 200°C Lightly grease a 1.5-litre baking dish.
- 2Heat oil in a medium frying pan on high. Saute onion and garlic 2-3 minutes,
- 3until tender.
- 4Add pumpkin. Saute 4-5 minutes, until lightly golden. Pour in stock and bring to boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer 4-5 minutes, until pumpkin is almost tender.
- 5Transfer pumpkin mixture to a large bowl and roughly mash. Add pasta, eggs and half breadcrumbs. Season to taste. Spoon into dish.
- 6Sprinkle with combined remaining breadcrumbs, bacon, parmesan, butter and thyme. Bake 20-25 minutes, until golden. Sprinkle with extra thyme to serve.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin and Bacon Bake
Serving Size: 1 (482 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 486.9
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 112.1 mg
- Sodium 371.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 14.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: