Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 10 mins
Yes, a whole orange. No, you don't peel it. You just remove any seeds. No, you won't have yucky pieces of peel in your bread. No, it won't be bitter. It's moist and delicious. The division secretary at school gave me this recipe several years ago. I like it because it's good, and because nobody ever believes it has a whole orange in it.
- Cream shortening and sugar.
- Cut orange in several pieces (rind and all), removing seeds if necessary.
- Place in blender with the water and puree.
- Add the orange mixture, eggs and pumpkin to the sugar mixture.
- Add remaining dry ingredients and mix well.
- Stir in nuts and raisins.
- Pour into 2 greased 9x5 loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 10 minutes.