Recipe by Tisme
A lovely and easy homemade creamy pumkin soup, even my son who does not like soup ate it and loved it! Found it in a magazine and it was lovely, although I did not use the garnish, but I think I will try it next time! Recipe suggest Queensland Blue or Japanese pumpkin, but I am sure most kinds would do!
Top Review by Annisette
Oh, my! This was good!! I LOVE soup, and even though it's been 100 degrees around here, the heat doesn't stop me from enjoying it! I had to use canned pumpkin since it's not pumpkin season yet. Yum!!
- 2 shallots
- 30 g butter
- 1 garlic clove
- 350 g pumpkin
- 50 g roasted almonds
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 700 ml chicken stock
- 1 pinch coriander powder
- salt and pepper
- 300 ml cream
- 4 tablespoons coconut cream (to garnish)
- 1 red onion, sliced very thin and diced (to garnish)
- fresh coriander (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and chop shallots.
- Melt butter in a pan and cook the shallots to soften.
- Peel and dice the pumpkin and add to the shallots with the garlic and dried coriander. Allow to cook for a few minutes before adding the tomato puree and the stock, simmer until the pumpkin is soft.
- Add the roasted almonds and allow the soup to cool before putting it into a blender. Process until smooth.
- Return the soup to the pot and season as desired, to taste. Bring to boil.
- Stir in the cream.
- Ladle into warm soup bowls and drizzle with coconut cream and add a small spoonful of onion and fresh coriander on top.