1/3 Photos of Pumpkin-Amaretto Cheesecake
1 hr 25 mins
I came up with this version of my creamy cheese cake just for the holidays! You can use extract instead of amaretto. You can also use any of the hard squashs as butternut or sweet potato thats been baked and mashed smooth.You can also bake in a water bath by adding 1/2 inch of water to pan. Be careful removing cake when cooked if there''s any water left.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups shortbread cookies, crushed
- 1/4 cup toasted finely crushed almonds
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 cups fresh pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 4 egg whites, yolks separated
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup sour cream or 1/2 cup yogurt
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto or 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 2In a 10-inch greased springform pan, mix cookie crumbs, almonds, and melted butter.
- 3Using your clean fingers, press the mixture evenly onto the bottom and sides of the pan. Or better yet use a metal 1 cup measuring cup and press the crumbs evenly among the bottom and part way up the sides.
- 4Refrigerate till ready to fill.
- 5In a large bowl using electric mixer (or place directly in a food processor) whip cream cheese until smooth.
- 6Add in brown sugar blending until thoroughly mixed.
- 7Add pumpkin and add the 2 eggs one at a time, then the yolks, blending after each addition until smooth.
- 8Add cinnamon, nutmeg, flour, Amaretto and sour cream, pulse to blend.
- 9In a clean bowl beat egg whites and cream of tartar at high speed till soft peaks form.
- 10Fold the egg whites into the cheese mixture.
- 11Pour mixture into prepared crust.
- 12Set springform on a cookie sheet.A must.
- 13Bake 1 - 1 1/2 hours, till center is almost set and jiggles slightly.
- 14Turn off oven let cake stay in oven with oven door propped open about 8 inches.
- 15Till bottom and sides are completely cooled.
- 16Remove from oven, chill uncovered overnight in the refrigerator.
- 17Remove sides of pan.
- 18Beat cream, almond extract and sugar at high speed until soft peeks form.
- 19Then spread on chilled cake just before serving and sprinkle nutmeg on top.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin-Amaretto Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 584.6
- Calories from Fat 400
- Total Fat 44.5 g
- Saturated Fat 24.9 g
- Cholesterol 177.5 mg
- Sodium 274.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 33.5 g
- Protein 9.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: