Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Pumpkin Almond Torte only has 7.5 fat grams and is awesome in the fall. The glaze is not needed but does add a citrus kick if you desire.
- 1⁄2 cup almonds
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2⁄3 cup Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon peel, grated
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon peel
- whipped cream (optional)
- slivered almonds (optional)
- Preheat to 325.
- Powder the Nuts in a blender or processor.
- In a small bowl use an electric mixer to beat egg whites until foamy. Slowly add 3 tablespoons of the sugar. Continue to beat until stiff and peaks form. Set aside.
- In a large bowl beat yolks with remaining sugar until pale. Beat in pumpkin and lemon peel. Stir in flour, baking powder, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Fold in nuts and beaten whites. Pour into a greased and floured 9-in pan with removable rim.
- Bake 40-45 minutes until toothpick comes out clean. Cool on rack 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile make glaze. In a small bowl whisk powdered sugar, lemon juice, and lemon peel.
- Remove rim from Torte. Spoon glaze over torte and allow to cool. Garnish with whipped cream and slivered almonds.