These perfectly moist and chewy granola bars make a wonderful road trip snack, or pack into a school lunch box for a delightful & healthy homemade treat. From Strands of My Life. Note: These bars are gluten-free, if you skip the optional wheat germ.
- 1182.95 ml old fashioned oats (for gf check pckg it hasn't been prepared with equipment which makes products containing gluten)
- 3.69 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml nutmeg
- 236.59 ml brown sugar
- 177.44 ml slivered almonds
- 118.29 ml wheat germ (leave out for gluten-free bars)
- 236.59 ml dried fruit (I used apricots and cranberries)
- 118.29 ml toasted seeds (I used sunflower and pumpkin)
- 236.59 ml pumpkin puree (I boiled a pumpkin, skinned it and pureed it in a food processor)
- 118.29 ml applesauce
- 59.14 ml honey
- 7.39 ml vanilla extract
- 354.88 ml chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C Butter a 10” by 10” baking pan and line with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, mix oats, spices, dried fruit, almonds, seeds, choc chips, wheatgerm, and salt together. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk brown sugar, pumpkin, applesauce, honey, and vanilla extract until smooth. Pour over oats and stir well, until all of the oats are moist.
- Evenly press oat mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the pan by lifting the parchment paper.
- Using a sharp knife, cut into bars.