1/1 Photo of Pumpkin, Almond, Chocolate Granola Bars (Gluten Free)
These perfectly moist and chewy granola bars make a wonderful road trip snack, or pack into a school lunch box for a delightful & healthy homemade treat. From Strands of My Life. Note: These bars are gluten-free, if you skip the optional wheat germ.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 cups old fashioned oats (for gf check pckg it hasn't been prepared with equipment which makes products containing gluten)
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup wheat germ (leave out for gluten-free bars)
- 1 cup dried fruit (I used apricots and cranberries)
- 1/2 cup toasted seeds (I used sunflower and pumpkin)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (I boiled a pumpkin, skinned it and pureed it in a food processor)
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C Butter a 10” by 10” baking pan and line with baking paper.
- 2In a large bowl, mix oats, spices, dried fruit, almonds, seeds, choc chips, wheatgerm, and salt together. Set aside.
- 3In a medium bowl, whisk brown sugar, pumpkin, applesauce, honey, and vanilla extract until smooth. Pour over oats and stir well, until all of the oats are moist.
- 4Evenly press oat mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 15 minutes.
- 5Remove from the pan by lifting the parchment paper.
- 6Using a sharp knife, cut into bars.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin, Almond, Chocolate Granola Bars (Gluten Free)
Serving Size: 1 (98 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 324.1
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 12.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 26.8 g
- Protein 6.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: