Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
from the blog "Twin Tables" -- http://twintables.blogspot.com/2007/10/pumpkin-week-day-four-pumpkin-ale-bread.html -- Haven't tried this yet but I can't wait!!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin puree
- 12 ounces pumpkin ale
- 1. Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- 2. In a very large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves.
- 3. Make a well in the center and add in vegetable oil, pumpking puree, and beer. Stir just until no streaks of flour remain, and pour batter into prepared pan.
- 4. Bake for 55-60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and the top springs back when lightly pressed. Loaf should be light or medium gold.
- 5. Allow to cool for 10 minutes. Turn out of the pan and allow the bread to cool on a wire rack before slicing.
I used the Sam Adams Autumn Ale to make this and spread it with my Nanny's homeade apple butter and clotted cream. I served it with Mulled cider as a bedtime treat for my small kids