Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
yumm.. modified version of PPK's muffins
- 2 1⁄2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄3 cup soymilk
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon stevia
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest (zest from one orange)
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree (fresh or from a can)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh cranberries, lightly chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Spray muffins tins with non stick cooking sparay or lightly grease them with margarine or oil. I don't suggest using paper liners, they tend to stick to them.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and spices.
- In a seperate bowl, wisk together pumpkin, maple syrup, brown rice syrup, oil, soymilk and vanilla, until well emulsified. Add orange zest to this mixture.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and combine with a large wooden spoon or a stiff spatula. Fold in cranberries. The batter will seem too thick, but it's fine. Fill muffin tins (with an ice cream scooper, if you have one). You want to over fill them so they puff out all nice and big.
- Bake 20 - 24 minutes.