Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Pumpernickel topped with cream cheese, smoked salmon, red onion, capers and dill. This is the best hors d'oeuvre and it's so easy to make. Your guest will love it.
- 1 (200 g) package smoked salmon
- 1 loaf pumpernickel cocktail bread
- 1 (250 g) package cream cheese
- 1 red onion
- 1 (125 ml) jar capers
- 1⁄4 cup fresh dill weed
- Spread cream cheese on pumpernickel.
- Add one slice of smoked salmon on top of cream cheese.
- Thinly cut red onion and place on top of salmon.
- Add 2-3 capers on top of salmon.
- Cut fresh dill and sprinkle over salmon.
- Serve cold.
These are wonderful! I almost always serve these being an occasion or not - total comfort food for me! I usually serve without the capers and with a little freshly ground pepper on top. Fantastic, thanks for popsting, Diane
This is a great recipe. My neighbour bought these to our neighbourhood Christmas gathering but using small melba toast instead of pumpernickel. The whole plate was cleaned up very quickly. She cut the salmon long and thin and foldered the capers and very finely sliced red onion into the middle of the salmon so you couldn't see it. It was just a fabulous tasty surprise. She also topped with chives. This recipe is a definite favourite for me.