Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is so good--it's one of my favorite salads. If you try it, I think you will like it too.
Make and share this Pumpernickel Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 yukon gold potatoes, sliced and baked
- 2 cups greens (collards, mustards, etc.)
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, shaved
- 12 stalks asparagus (5 inches long)
- 10 whole cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup jicama, julienne (aka as yam beans or Mexican yam)
- 5 slices pumpernickel bread, toasted
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons roasted garlic herb salad dressing
- 1⁄2 cup pumpernickel crush crouton
- Bake Yukon slices on lightly oiled baking sheet for 20 minutes at 350°F, and then 2 more minutes under the broiler; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Broil lightly oiled asparagus for 2 minutes; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cut the pumpernickel into cubes and toast in oven at 350°F for 5 minutes.
- In medium mixing bowl, combine field greens, red onions, jicama, and croutons; toss with 2 tablespoons of the roasted garlic dressing.
- Place salad on large serving plate and garnish with cherry tomatoes, bread and potatoes; serve immediately.
- Salad tastes best when made with ingredients that are room temperature.