southern chef in louisiana's Note:
This is so good--it's one of my favorite salads. If you try it, I think you will like it too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 yukon gold potatoes, sliced and baked
- 2 cups greens (collards, mustards, etc.)
- 1/4 cup red onion, shaved
- 12 stalks asparagus (5 inches long)
- 10 whole cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup jicama, julienne (aka as yam beans or Mexican yam)
- 5 slices pumpernickel bread, toasted
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons roasted garlic herb salad dressing
- 1/2 cup pumpernickel crush crouton
- 1Bake Yukon slices on lightly oiled baking sheet for 20 minutes at 350°F, and then 2 more minutes under the broiler; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 2Broil lightly oiled asparagus for 2 minutes; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 3Cut the pumpernickel into cubes and toast in oven at 350°F for 5 minutes.
- 4In medium mixing bowl, combine field greens, red onions, jicama, and croutons; toss with 2 tablespoons of the roasted garlic dressing.
- 5Place salad on large serving plate and garnish with cherry tomatoes, bread and potatoes; serve immediately.
- 6Salad tastes best when made with ingredients that are room temperature.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpernickel Salad
Serving Size: 1 (273 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 154.7
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 217.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 6.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
herb salad dressing