Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great flavor. No one will leave their crust on this one.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup rye flour (dark or light)
- 4 teaspoons cocoa
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons molasses
- 2⁄3 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- FOOD PROCESSOR METHOD: Put first 7 ingredients into food processor fitted with dough blade.
- Stir molasses into warm water in small bowl. With machine running, pour molasses-water mixture and cooking oil through tube in lid. Process for 50 to 60 seconds. If dough seems sticky to remove, add about 1/2 teaspoons flour to make it easier to handle.
- HAND METHOD: Put first 7 ingredients into medium bowl. Stir together well.
- Add warm water, molasses and cooking oil. Mix well until dough leaves sides of bowl. Knead on lightly floured surface for 5 to 8 minutes until smooth and elastic.
- TO COMPLETE: At this point you may choose to roll out and press in greased 12 inch pizza pan, forming rim around edge. Or place dough in large greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover with tea towel. Let stand in oven with light on and door closed for about 1 hour until doubled in size. Punch dough down. Roll out and press in greased 12 inch pizza pan, forming rim around edge.
- Company’s Coming.