Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 hrs
1 pound loaf; yields 15 slices
- 1 packet fast rising yeast
- 2 egg whites (plus warm water to equal 1c plus 2 T total liquid)
- 2 1⁄4 cups organic wholegrain stone ground whole wheat flour
- 2⁄3 cup organic wholegrain stone ground rye flour
- 4 teaspoons vital vital wheat gluten
- 2 tablespoons applesauce, unsweetened
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons instant decaffeinated coffee
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed
- 1 tablespoon skim milk, at room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sea salt
- put 1/4 tsp lite brown sugar 1/4 C warm water and yeast in small bowl, let stand 10 minutes til foamy.
- Add to remaining water, and egg whites and make sure total liquid does not exceed 1 C plus 2 T sum total add dry ingredients to pan of bread machine.
- add liquid to dry.
- start machine on normal bread cycle but it helps if you have the time to run through the knead and rise cycles twice makes texture better.
- Just a notation, in place of the applesauce you can use pured or baby food prunes or revert to a fat such as oil or margerine.