Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This is not your average pecan pie is made with mixed nuts & dried cranberries. Can be baked up to 4 days ahead, refrigerate covered. The recipe comes from Womans Day.com
- 1 ready to bake pie crusts or 1 your own pie crust
- 2 cups dry-roasted salted mixed nuts
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Heat oven to 350 degrees, fit pie crust into a 9-inch pie plate, flute edges.
- Reserve 1/2 cup mixed nuts and 1/4 cup dried cranberries in a bowl.
- Coarsely chop remaining nuts and cranberries: spread evenly over in crust.
- Whisk together eggs, brown sugar, both syrups, flour and butter in a mediun bowl until well blended; pour over nut mixture.
- Decoratively place reserved nuts and cranberries on top of pie.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes until set, (if crust browns too quickly, cover loosely with foil), remove to rack to cool,enjoy.
i really liked the addition of dried cranberries and the filling was delicious, but i found the nuts to be soggy- i used macadamias, pistachios and peanuts, toasted /dry roasted, maybe that was the problem. i would like to try this with good old pecans for the holidays-