Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
This type of dessert was developed in the south. It was often called a "dump" cake. We prefer Pump cake as it will pump you up with carbohydrates. (Thanks to GramaCar for filling in the missing steps!)
- 1 (20 ounce) can light cherry pie filling
- 1 (9 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 1 (10 ounce) can mandarin oranges
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, slightly softened
- First place the cherries, and mandarin oranges (not drained) into a buttered 9 1/2 x 13 inch cakepan. ,
- Sprinkle the dry cake mix over the top of the fruit
- Put pats of the butter on the top of the dry cake mix.
- Place in a 350 degree oven for approx 50 to 60 minutes.