Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I came up with this recipe as a way to get more of my family to eat venison. Some of my family prefer chopped BBQ sandwiches. For them after i pull the meat i put it on the cutting board and run the knife through it until it is as fine as i want. You can use other cuts of venison if you wish.
- 2 lbs venison tenderloins
- 4 tablespoons bbq seasoning (i use KC Masterpiece)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 quart beef stock
- 2 tablespoons steak seasoning (i use Kansas Style)
- 8 buns
- 3⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 3⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- For Pulled Venison: Heat dutch oven with olive oil.
- Sprinkle BBQ seasoning on all sides of venison tenderloin.
- Sear meat on all sides remove from dutch oven.
- Add beef stock and steak seasoning to dutch oven and place meat back in dutch oven.
- Braise meat until tender (155-160 on a meat thermometer).
- Remove meat from liquid place on cutting board and pull with 2 forks.
- Place meat in a dish and add BBQ dip to meat.
- For BBQ Dip: While venison meat is cooking.
- Combine all ingredients in a small sauce pan and bring to a simmer.
- Cook, stirring, until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove from the heat and let stand until meat is done and pulled.
- Place pulled meat in a pan and pour BBQ dip over it and let soak inches.
- Sandwich Assembly: Open buns and place pulled venison and your favorites topping and condiments on them.