9 hrs 30 mins
Rhonda O's Note:
From Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book, 12th edition Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2-3 lbs pork sirloin roast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 medium onions, cut in thin wedges
- 1 cup root beer (see Note)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1Trim fat from meat.
- 2If necessary, cut meat to fit into a 3-1/2- to 5-quart slow cooker.
- 3Sprinkle meat with salt and pepper.
- 4In a large skillet, brown meat on all sides in hot oil.
- 5Drain off fat.
- 6Transfer meat to cooker.
- 7Add onions, 1 cup root beer and garlic.
- 8Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours.
- 9For sauce, in a medium saucepan combine 3 cups root beer and the chili sauce.
- 10Bring to a boil; reduce heat.
- 11Boil gently, uncovered, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes or until mixture is reduced to 2 cups.
- 12If desired, add root beer concentrate and hot pepper sauce.
- 13Transfer meat to a cutting board.
- 14or serving platter.
- 15Using a slotted spoon, remove onions from cooking juices and place on a serving platter.
- 16Discard juices.
- 17Using 2 forks, pull meat apart into shreds.
- 18To serve, if desired, line buns with lettuce and tomato.
- 19Add meat and onions; spoon on sauce.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pulled Pork with Root Beer sauce
Serving Size: 1 (1158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2240.9
- Calories from Fat 1036
- Total Fat 115.1 g
- Saturated Fat 36.1 g
- Cholesterol 762.3 mg
- Sodium 1973.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 23.0 g
- Protein 234.4 g