Prep 35 mins
Cook 7 hrs
Tangy recipe that the whole family will like! Make sure NOT to use diet root beer with this recipe.
Make and share this Pulled Pork With Root Beer Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (3 lb) boneless pork loin roast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 (12 ounce) cans root beer
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle chili sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 12 sandwich buns
- In 3-4 quart slow cooker, place pork roast, 2 tsp salt, the pepper, onion, and 1 cup of the root beer. Cover; cook on low heat setting 7 to 8 hours.
- About 30 minutes before serving, in large saucepan heat the remaining 2 cups rootbeer, chili sauce and 1/2 tsp salt to boiling over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium. Cook 8 to 10 min., stirring occasionally.
- Remove pork from slow cooker, discarding the cooking liquid. Shred pork, using 2 forks to putt pork apart. Stir in the chili sauce mixture. To serve, spoon pork mixure onto each bun.