Prep 35 mins
Cook 7 hrs
Tangy recipe that the whole family will like! Make sure NOT to use diet root beer with this recipe.
- 1 (3 lb) boneless pork loin roast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 (12 ounce) cans root beer
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle chili sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 12 sandwich buns
- In 3-4 quart slow cooker, place pork roast, 2 tsp salt, the pepper, onion, and 1 cup of the root beer. Cover; cook on low heat setting 7 to 8 hours.
- About 30 minutes before serving, in large saucepan heat the remaining 2 cups rootbeer, chili sauce and 1/2 tsp salt to boiling over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium. Cook 8 to 10 min., stirring occasionally.
- Remove pork from slow cooker, discarding the cooking liquid. Shred pork, using 2 forks to putt pork apart. Stir in the chili sauce mixture. To serve, spoon pork mixure onto each bun.