Recipe by sheepdoc
Adapted from several I found on the internet. I used a pork tri-tip roast. I'm sure it would be great with about 3 lbs of beef, chicken, other pork cuts, etc. I cooked this overnight, shredded it and let it cool some in the morning, put it in the fridge and reheated it for dinner.
Top Review by teresas
This was so yummy...I cut it down to 2 servings and made it in my little crock pot...it came out so tasty and sweet...I made it to use in recipe #464017 and it worked great...thanks for posting it...=)
- 2 -3 lbs pork tri-tip roast
- 2 cups catsup
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except the meat in a saucepan. Cook on medium-high, stirring frequently, until it just starts to boil. Taste and adjust spices if needed.
- Put roast in center of crockpot.
- Pour hot sauce over roast.
- Cook on low 8 hours.
- Using 2 forks, shred meat and mix with sauce.
- Let sit for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve on buns or baked potatoes.