Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs 30 mins
Adapted from several I found on the internet. I used a pork tri-tip roast. I'm sure it would be great with about 3 lbs of beef, chicken, other pork cuts, etc. I cooked this overnight, shredded it and let it cool some in the morning, put it in the fridge and reheated it for dinner.
- 2 -3 lbs pork tri-tip roast
- 2 cups catsup
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Combine all ingredients except the meat in a saucepan. Cook on medium-high, stirring frequently, until it just starts to boil. Taste and adjust spices if needed.
- Put roast in center of crockpot.
- Pour hot sauce over roast.
- Cook on low 8 hours.
- Using 2 forks, shred meat and mix with sauce.
- Let sit for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve on buns or baked potatoes.
This was so yummy...I cut it down to 2 servings and made it in my little crock pot...it came out so tasty and sweet...I made it to use in Grilled BBQ Potato Skins and it worked great...thanks for posting it...=)
After hunting for the perfect pulled pork recipe, I stopped here. It's just about perfect. I did add just a few of my own preferences. I salt, peppered, and browned the meat in a large skillet along with one big chopped onion. In the sauce I added one big teaspoon of red chili flakes. That's it. Sweet, tangy, and slightly hot is perfect for me.