Recipe by Leahferne
A summer favorite served on buns with potato skins and salad. Great for outdoor dinner parties and kids just love them. NOTE: For something unique try adding your favorite coleslaw over the pork inside the roll for a nice cool crunch.
- 4 lbs boneless pork roast, trimmed and cubed
- 1⁄2 large onion, diced
- 5 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 (18 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce (I like to use Bull'seye Brand)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 sandwich buns
Directions See How It's Made
- * In a large frying heat oil over medium-high heat and add pork, garlic and onion. Sear for 5 minutes stirring frequently. Add everything but the rolls and mix well.
- * Cover, bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 hour.
- * Remove cover and turn up stove to medium heat for 30 minutes to cook off excess liquid.
- * Shred pork quickly by pressing pork with a potato masher. If no masher use 2 forks.
- * Spoon into warm buns and enjoy.