4 hrs 30 mins
Weber’s Big Book of Grilling
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup minced yellow onion
- 2 cups ketchup
- 2/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1Make the sauce: in a saucepan over med-high heat, melt the butter and cook the onion, stirring occasionally, until translucent—4 to 5 minutes.
- 2Add in the remaining sauce ingredients; bring to a boil.
- 3Decrease heat and simmer for 10 minutes; set aside and let cool to room temperature.
- 4Let roast stand at room temperature for 20-30 minutes before grilling; season with salt and pepper.
- 5Grill roast, fat side up, over Indirect Medium heat until the internal temperature is between 185° and 190°, 3-4 hours.
- 6The meat should be so tender it pulls apart easily.
- 7Remove from grill, place on a platter, and loosely cover with foil; let rest for 20 minutes.
- 8Thinly slice, chop, or pull the pork meat into shreds with your fingers or two forks, discarding any large bits of fat.
- 9Moisten the meat with some of the sauce and mix well in a bowl.
- 10Grill the buns over Direct Medium heat until lightly toasted, about 30 seconds.
- 11Serve the pork warm on the buns with the remaining sauce on the side.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pulled Pork Sandwiches With West Carolina Barbecue Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 504.7
- Calories from Fat 305
- Total Fat 33.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 115.0 mg
- Sodium 682.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 21.3 g
- Protein 26.4 g