Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Weber’s Big Book of Grilling
Make and share this Pulled Pork Sandwiches With West Carolina Barbecue Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup minced yellow onion
- 2 cups ketchup
- 2⁄3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup yellow mustard
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 (4 -5 lb) boneless pork shoulder, rolled and tied (Boston Butt)
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- hamburger bun
- Make the sauce: in a saucepan over med-high heat, melt the butter and cook the onion, stirring occasionally, until translucent—4 to 5 minutes.
- Add in the remaining sauce ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Decrease heat and simmer for 10 minutes; set aside and let cool to room temperature.
- Let roast stand at room temperature for 20-30 minutes before grilling; season with salt and pepper.
- Grill roast, fat side up, over Indirect Medium heat until the internal temperature is between 185° and 190°, 3-4 hours.
- The meat should be so tender it pulls apart easily.
- Remove from grill, place on a platter, and loosely cover with foil; let rest for 20 minutes.
- Thinly slice, chop, or pull the pork meat into shreds with your fingers or two forks, discarding any large bits of fat.
- Moisten the meat with some of the sauce and mix well in a bowl.
- Grill the buns over Direct Medium heat until lightly toasted, about 30 seconds.
- Serve the pork warm on the buns with the remaining sauce on the side.
This was pretty good!! I was looking for a recipe to use leftover pork and beef roast so I used this sauce and cut up beef and pork into strips and put it in sauce. I toasted buns and topped with coleslaw. Will use again was great to get rid of leftovers.