Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I adapted this slightly from a recipe in "Pressure Cooking!" by Connie Neckels. The instructions are written for use with an electric pressure cooker.
- Place pork in the cooking pot and set to "Brown." Saute the pork, turning until the pork is browned on all sides.
- Add the beef broth, water, salt, pepper, and onions, and set to high pressure (80kpa). Cook for 45 minutes. Use quick-release method to release the pressure.
- Remove lid and check that the internal temperature of the pork is 170-175 degrees F. If not, bring to high pressure again and cook an additional 5-10 minutes.
- Remove pork and pull apart into shreds, using two forks. Discard remaining liquid from pot.
- Place the tomato sauce, mustard, brown sugar, and worcestershire in cooking pot and set to "Brown." Stir and cook 4-5 minutes or until warmed throughout and sugar is melted. Add pork, mix with sauce and heat through.
- Spoon pork and sauce onto sandwich buns and serve.