Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook2 hrs 30 mins
Looking to feed a hungry crowd? These irresistible sandwiches feature a slowly braised pork in a sweet and spicy sauce...plus, everyone can serve themselves, so it's easy on you.
- 2 (16 ounce) jars Pace Picante Sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce, cut up
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 5 lbs boneless pork shoulder, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 24 pepperidge farms farmhouse premium white rolls, with sesame seeds
- shredded lettuce
- prepared Coleslaw
- Stir the Picante sauce, cranberry sauce, brown sugar and nutmeg in a 6-quart saucepot. Heat to a boil over medium-high heat and cook for 10 minutes. Add the pork to the saucepot and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 2 hours or until the pork is fork-tender.
- Remove the pork from the sauce and cool slightly. Shred the pork, using two forks. Return the pork to the sauce and heat through. Serve about 1/2 cup shredded pork in each roll. Top with lettuce and coleslaw.