8 hrs 30 mins
The prep time on this Good Housekeeping recipe takes about 10 minutes. To save time in the morning, rub the pork and combine sauce ingredients the night before, then place in your slow cooker in the morning.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon packed dark brown sugar
- 4 lbs boneless untrimmed pork shoulder blade roast (Boston butt)
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 (14 ounce) bags coleslaw mix
- 16 hambuger buns, lightly toasted
- 1In a 5-to-6 quart slow-cooker bowl, combine paprika, mustard powder, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1 teaspoon salt and 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper. Add the pork and rub mixture all over meat. Arrange pork in single layer in slow-cooker bowl, fat side up.
- 2In medium bowl, whish vinegar, ketchup, red pepper, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, and remaining 1 tablespoon brown sugar. Pour 1/2 cup sauce into large bowl; cover and refrigerate. Pour 1 cup water and remaining sauce into slow-cooker bowl. Cover slow-cooker with lid, and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or until meat is fork-tender.
- 3Carefully transfer meat to large bowl; remove fat and skin and discard. Using two forks, shred meat into small pieces. Carefully pour sauce from slow cooker into fat separator. Pour half of sauce over meat and pour remaining sauce into gravy boat. Discard fat.
- 4When ready to serve, remove reserved sauce from refrigerator; with fork, whisk in mayonnaise. Add coleslaw mix, and toss until well combined. Divide meat among bottoms of buns, top with coleslaw, then add bun tops. Serve with reserved sauce on the side.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 414.8
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 81.1 mg
- Sodium 387.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 25.2 g