Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This tasty sandwich is both low in fat and low in sugary carbs, the perfect combination for anybody with diabetes and/or heart disease.
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon Sweet'N Low brown sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 jalapeno, finely chopped
- chili seasoning mix (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- 1 lb pork loin roast
- 8 whole wheat dinner rolls
- Mix all except pork roast & rolls together.
- Put all together in crock pot.
- Slow cook until pork falling apart (four hours).
- Pick pork apart with fork and mix with remaining juices.
- Serve two ounces of meat with each dinner roll.
I tried this recipe last night since I had pork sirloin left over from New Year's. It was finger-licking good! I searched for a recipe that was not smothered in barbecue sauce. I had three alterations to the recipe. I used Splenda Brown Sugar, I omitted the jalapenos, and I used white vinegar (that's all I had on hand at the time). My husband and I really enjoyed it; and, the recipe will be transferred into my recipe file. Thanks for sharing!
Very Good! I left out the jalapeno (didn't have one on hand) and and added a little cayenne pepper. It was just the right amount of kick! Great flavor. The only thing was the sauce was not very thick. When i make it again i will reduce some of the sauce down on the stove before serving. Flavor wise it was perfect!
I made this today and it turned out great.I first browned the pork loin very well before adding to other ingredients in crock pot.I used splenda brown sugar for the sugar.This is a super recipe to try.I cooked on low 4 hrs and on high about 2 hours till fall apart tender.