1/2 Photos of Pulled Pork Sammich's
This is a combination of a few different recipes I have tried in the last few years. I prefer just cooking the roast and pouring the sauce on the buns, instead of mixing the sauce in with the meat. Play around with the rub if you like, and use either white or brown sugar, both work really well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 -8 lbs pork butt (bone removed)
For the Rub
- 1First, I highly recommend you request the butcher remove the bone from the roast, for your own convenience, and for making the rub more effective.
- 2Mix all the Rub ingredients and mix together in a bowl.
- 3Rub roast with Rub mixture.
- 4Wrap in plastic wrap, and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- 5The next day, let the roast come to room temperature.
- 6Place roast in crock pot, and cook on low for 6 hours.
- 7Remove roast from crock pot, and remove all visible fat from the roast.
- 8Place roast back in crock pot, and using two forks"pull" the pork until it is shredded.
- 9Keep roast on low, in crock pot until ready to serve.
- 10Serve on cheap white buns with your favorite sauce, and sliced onion if desired.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pulled Pork Sammich's
Serving Size: 1 (2933 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 342.2
- Calories from Fat 192
- Total Fat 21.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 89.8 mg
- Sodium 83.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 25.5 g