Recipe by Jencathen
This is an easy recipe to make. The meat will fall to pieces. You can also put in pressure cooker. Follow same directions except place roast and can of root beer in the pressure cooker. Cook on high pressure for one hour and follow the rest of the directions.
Top Review by podapo
Hubby made this for me and it was GREAT. I'm not big on huge BBQ flavor, just like mild and this was perfect. I was counting the hours until I could have my next pulled pork sammich. This is going in my over the top recipe book. Thanks for sharing.
- 44.37 ml paprika
- 14.79 ml garlic powder
- 14.79 ml brown sugar
- 14.79 ml dry mustard
- 44.37 ml coarse salt (either sea or kosher)
- 1814.36 g pork, roast- bone out
- 340.19 g can root beer (I use Diet Barq's)
- 510.29 g bottle barbecue sauce
- 8 hamburger buns, split and lightly toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Put dry rub on pork night before. Let sit in fridge all night.
- Place the pork in a slow cooker; pour the root beer over the meat.
- Cover and cook on low until well cooked. I turn the meat over half way through cooking because the top since it isn't submersed in the cooking liquid isn't as tender. It takes about 6-8 hours.
- Drain meat well and shred. Place back in the crockpot or in a bowl stir in one bottle of barbecue sauce and serve on buns.
- *****If you don't have rootbeer substitute water and fill till it covers the meat.