Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 hrs
One delicious pulled pork sandwich that has the right flavors. Great snack or perfect for the super bowl party!
- 1 (4 lb) rolled boneless boston pork roast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups barq's root beer
- 1 tablespoon mesquite powder
- 18 ounces jack daniels barbecue sauce
- 16 rolls
- Pour Rootbeer in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Season pork roast with salt/pepper and mesquite seasoning.
- Cook on high 4-6 hours.
- Remove roast and sit 30 minutes. Empty the crock pot of the juices.
- Peel by hand the pork roast, discarding the fat.
- Add the pork to the crock pot and add the bbq sauce to the crock pot.
- Cook on high for 30-60 minutes.
- Serve on a roll. I prefer to use mini potato rolls from WalMart.
Boy did these hit the spot. The root beer added a very nice flavor. Made these as written. Also saved the leftover sauce, it was so good, I'm sure that I can put it to good use. I have some ground beef, and would like to try it on some grilled hamburgers, or on some chicken. It would worth trying. Very flavorful sandwiches, that we enjoyed with some seasoned fries, and corn on the cob.
OMG this is just wonderful. The flavors combination was right on. I could not find the mesquite powder so used Grill Mates Mesquite which probably gave it a little more kick which we didn't mind at all. I used a 2.22 pound pork tenderloin roast which is what I had and used all the spice mixture and all of the barbeque sauce as written. Just excellent. I'll make this one again for sure. Thanks for posting. Excellent recipe.
My family could not get enough of this wonderful recipe for lunch. I did make a few changes, I added more seasoning as the pork cooked, I also used more honey and hot sauce as the roast cooked. I removed the meat and took the sauce out, removed fat off suface of juices, and boiled the remainder on the stove until thickened to my liking. I tore the pork added back to the crock pot and poured the thicked sauce on top. I cooked the remainder on low and served. My family wants the recipe. Thank You from ALL my family to You! PRMR - 2013 ...Grpa