Recipe by nochlo
One delicious pulled pork sandwich that has the right flavors. Great snack or perfect for the super bowl party!
Top Review by weekend cooker
Boy did these hit the spot. The root beer added a very nice flavor. Made these as written. Also saved the leftover sauce, it was so good, I'm sure that I can put it to good use. I have some ground beef, and would like to try it on some grilled hamburgers, or on some chicken. It would worth trying. Very flavorful sandwiches, that we enjoyed with some seasoned fries, and corn on the cob.
- 1 (4 lb) rolled boneless boston pork roast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups barq's root beer
- 1 tablespoon mesquite powder
- 18 ounces jack daniels barbecue sauce
- 16 rolls
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour Rootbeer in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Season pork roast with salt/pepper and mesquite seasoning.
- Cook on high 4-6 hours.
- Remove roast and sit 30 minutes. Empty the crock pot of the juices.
- Peel by hand the pork roast, discarding the fat.
- Add the pork to the crock pot and add the bbq sauce to the crock pot.
- Cook on high for 30-60 minutes.
- Serve on a roll. I prefer to use mini potato rolls from WalMart.