1/2 Photos of Pulled Pork Chili in Biscuit Bowls
5 hrs 30 mins
I adopted the biscuit bowl recipe from Paula Deen, but used our 'chili to beat all chili' recipe. It's not traditional with heat, but rather a sweet flavor to it that goes great alone or with the chili bowls.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons dry ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 3 lbs pork shoulder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 64 ounces chili beans (Bushes)
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- cooking spray
- 4 cups biscuit mix (Bisquick)
- 1 1/3 cups whole milk
- 1/2 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- flour, for dusting the work surface
- 1Mix rub ingredients together and rub all over pork roast. Pour olive oil into bottom of crock pot. Place roast into pot with onion, bell pepper, garlic, and bay leaves. slow cook about 4 hours.
- 2Discard bay leaves. Remove roast, chop up or 'pull' the pork apart using two forks to seperate the meat. Add pork back to pot along with the chili beans (including sauce), brown sugar, and honey. Slow cook an additional 1-2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- 3TO MAKE BISCUITS: Preheat oven to 350°F Stir together the baking mix, milk, and cayenne. Shape into a ball. Turn out onto a floured surface and knead 3 or 4 times. Divide the ball into 6 pieces. Roll each piece into a 6-inch circle.
- 4Using an inverted jumbo muffin pan, spray cooking spray over every other muffin cup. Place a dough circle over the inverted greased cups. Press around the cup to form a bowl shape.
- 5Tap tops with flat surfaced item so they will stand up after baking (I use the cap of the spray can).Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until lightly browned. Let cool slightly.
- 6SERVE: Spoon some of the chili into each of the biscuit bowls. Top with cheddar cheese and a dollop of sour cream.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pulled Pork Chili in Biscuit Bowls
Serving Size: 1 (417 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 886.2
- Calories from Fat 360
- Total Fat 40.0 g
- Saturated Fat 16.1 g
- Cholesterol 112.6 mg
- Sodium 1186.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 89.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.6 g
- Sugars 23.2 g
- Protein 43.1 g