Prep 10 mins
Cook 14 mins
my grandma used to make these
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated biscuits, 10 biscuits
- 3⁄4 cup leftover pulled cooked pork
- dill pickle slices
- thinly sliced roma tomato
- finely chopped red onions or sweet onion
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- Heat oven to 400°. Lightly spray 10 muffin cups with baking spray or grease lightly.
- Flatten biscuits slightly and press into muffin cups, pressing up the sides. Put about 1/2 teaspoon of the barbecue sauce in each cup. Top with about 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons of pulled pork, then top with a thin slice of tomato and a pickle. Sprinkle with a little onion and then top each cup with shredded cheese. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Makes 5 to 10 servings, depending on the meal and appetites.
I made this with shredded chicken breast ('cause that's what I had in the freezer) & it turned out very well! Very, very nice tasting, & I look forward to doing it again, but with some shredded pork! Definitely a great recipe to keep around! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick A Chef]