Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Weber’s Big Book of Grilling
Make and share this Pulled Pork Barbecue With Hot Pepper Vinegar Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 (4 -5 lb) boneless pork shoulder, rolled and tied (Boston Butt)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- hamburger bun
- Make the rub: in a bowl, combine all the rub ingredients.
- Coat roast evenly with the rub; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before grilling.
- Grill the roast, fat side up, over Indirect Medium heat until the internal temperature reaches between 185° and 190°, 3-4 hours.
- The meat should be so tender it pulls apart easily.
- Remove from the grill, place on a platter, and loosely cover with foil; let rest for 20 minutes.
- Make the sauce: in a saucepan, combine the sauce ingredients, including salt and pepper to taste; bring to a boil.
- Decrease heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes; keep warm.
- Thinly slice, chop, or pull the pork meat into shreds with your fingers or two forks, discarding any large bits of fat.
- Moisten the meat with some of the sauce and mix well in a bowl.
- Grill buns over Direct Medium heat until lightly toasted, about 30 seconds.
- Serve the pulled pork warm on the buns with the remaining sauce on the side.