4 hrs 30 mins
Weber’s Big Book of Grilling
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 (4 -5 lb) boneless pork shoulder, rolled and tied (Boston Butt)
- 1 1/2 cups cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- hamburger bun
- 1Make the rub: in a bowl, combine all the rub ingredients.
- 2Coat roast evenly with the rub; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before grilling.
- 3Grill the roast, fat side up, over Indirect Medium heat until the internal temperature reaches between 185° and 190°, 3-4 hours.
- 4The meat should be so tender it pulls apart easily.
- 5Remove from the grill, place on a platter, and loosely cover with foil; let rest for 20 minutes.
- 6Make the sauce: in a saucepan, combine the sauce ingredients, including salt and pepper to taste; bring to a boil.
- 7Decrease heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes; keep warm.
- 8Thinly slice, chop, or pull the pork meat into shreds with your fingers or two forks, discarding any large bits of fat.
- 9Moisten the meat with some of the sauce and mix well in a bowl.
- 10Grill buns over Direct Medium heat until lightly toasted, about 30 seconds.
- 11Serve the pulled pork warm on the buns with the remaining sauce on the side.
Browse Our Top Very Low Carbs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Very Low Carbs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pulled Pork Barbecue With Hot Pepper Vinegar Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 406.1
- Calories from Fat 276
- Total Fat 30.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 107.4 mg
- Sodium 256.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 25.4 g