Prep 10 mins
Cook 9 mins
Perfect, simple, easy pulled pork barbecue. Found on about.com. You can also sub broth, stock, or beer to replace the water that you initially cook the pork in. Note: If you're using a really thick barbecue sauce you may want to add up to 1 1/2 cups of water to thin it out a bit. If the sauce is too thick the pork will come out dry. **Also, hubby & I like lots of bbq sauce so we tend to use more than this recipe calls for... usually around another 9 to 18 ounces!
- Place one sliced onion at the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Stud pork roast with garlic cloves and season with salt and pepper.
- Place pork in slow cooker on top of the sliced onion. Cover with the second sliced onion and add enough water to fill Crock Pot two thirds of the way.
- Cover and cook on low 8 to 12 hours (or high 4 to 6 hours.).
- Remove pork. Remove and discard cloves, bone and fat as well as any water, onions and grease remaining in pot.
- When the pork is cool enough to handle, use a fork or your fingers to pull it apart until the entire roast is shredded.
- Return the pulled pork to the slow cooker. Mix in the chopped onion and BBQ sauce and cover. Heat on high for 1-3 hours or until the onions are soft.
soooooooo tasty, tender, juicy, it was wonderful! I have this one saved for sure! when I was trying to take it out of the crockpot it was just falling apart.. it was wonderful! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING THIS!