Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Everyday with Rachael Ray.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (2 -2 1/2 lb) boneless pork shoulder, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 lb wild rice
- 3 tomatoes, cored and quartered
- 2 cups salsa fresca
- 1 bunch scallion, chopped
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- In a 5- to 6-quart Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Season the pork with 2 teaspoons salt.
- Add the pork to the skillet and cook, turning occasionally, until golden-brown, about 15 minutes. Add the chicken broth, bring to a simmer, cover and cook for 1 hour.
- Stir in the wild rice, tomatoes and salsa and cook, stirring occasionally, until the pork is tender and the rice is cooked through, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Shred the meat. Stir in the scallions and sprinkle with the lemon juice.
- Cover and let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Swap it Use small new potatoes and pearl onions instead of the wild rice.