Prep 12 hrs
Cook 6 hrs
Love this with North Carolina mustardy sauce!
- 10 lbs boneless pork shoulder
- 3 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 3 tablespoons fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- Blend paprika, pepper, salt and sugar together in small bowl. Sprinkle over entire surface of pork shoulder, patting and massaging into meat. Cover meat with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. Allow meat to stand at room temperature for one hour before cooking.
- Heat gas or charcoal to 275 degrees. Heat soaked wood chips over direct heat surface for smoking. Place pork over indirect heat, fat side down. Cover and cook for 6 hours total, maintaining heat at 275 degrees, turning meat about once an hour. Pork should register about 165 degrees using an instant read thermometer inserted into the middle.
- Allow pork to rest until cool enough to shred. Pour any accumulated juices over shredded meat. Serve with BBQ sauce on buns.
I love this recipe. The flavors are amazing and it is very simple to do. The only thing that I did differently was use a water smoker.