1/4 Photos of Pulled Pork
Keith Bergen's Note:
This is a pulled pork recipe that starts with a pork shoulder, is soaked in a brine for at least 12 hours, is smoked/cooked until it virtually falls apart, and then is finished off with your favorite BBQ sauce in the crock pot!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brine: Mix liquids (beer, water, apple juice, and vinegar) together and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and add remaining brine ingredients. Stir until brown sugar and salt are dissolved. Let stand for 10 minutes. Add ice cubes and allow to melt and cool down brine.
- 2Put pork into a crock pot and add brine. Ensure that brine completely covers pork. Cover and put in refrigerator for 12 hours or more.
- 3Cook/Smoke in your smoker for 10-12 hours at 200-240 degrees. Cook until it virtually is falling apart. Let rest until it is cool enough to handle.
- 4Using a fork, pull the pork apart and place in crock pot with BBQ sauce.
- 5Cook over low heat for another 1-2 hours. Serve over hamburger buns.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pulled Pork
Serving Size: 1 (495 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 888.5
- Calories from Fat 468
- Total Fat 52.1 g
- Saturated Fat 17.6 g
- Cholesterol 193.2 mg
- Sodium 1536.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 17.1 g
- Protein 52.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: