Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I got this recipe on the back of an Onion soup can some years ago.. I have used it ever since
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (3 1/2-4 lb) boneless pork shoulder
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can French onion soup
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 12 round sandwich buns
- Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork and cook until it’s well browned on all sides.
- Stir the soup, ketchup, vinegar and brown sugar in a 5-quart slow cooker. Add the pork and turn to coat.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 9 hours* or until the pork is fork-tender.
- Remove the pork from the cooker to a cutting board and let stand for 10 minutes. Using 2 forks, shred the pork. Return the pork to the cooker.
- Divide the pork and sauce mixture among the rolls.
- *Or on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours.